7 Ways to Stay Busy While Stuck at Home
How many times have you wondered just how long it would take to catch up on that long to-do list around the house? Have you ever fantasized about how you'd use your non-existent free time if you were ever to be stuck at home with a free calendar?
Well, be careful what you wish for, right? Now that you have all this time on your hands and the ability to tackle some of the tasks and hobbies you simply didn't have the time for before, are you utilizing being stuck at home for some of those things?
Sometimes it can be difficult to organize your time, even when it seems like your days are endless. Here are 7 responses to use of time that are the most common or the most sought after:
1. Read Have a collection of books you've been wanting to read? Now's the perfect opportunity! Sure, you might not want to spend every minute of your day with your nose buried in a book, but this is the perfect time to get caught up on all that reading.
2. Sleep Similarly to reading, this might be an ideal time to get more rest. Maybe you have time to take an afternoon nap, or sleep in later than you normally would. Either way, listen to your body and give it the rest it needs.
3. Exercise Just because you're stuck at home, doesn't mean you have to become a couch potato. Make sure that you get moving every day! If you are not quarantined, try to get outside for a walk around your neighborhood or a nice bike ride.
4. Declutter Ever feel like you've just got too much stuff? It's easy to blame our messy houses on not having sufficient time to declutter, but now that you're at home, it's as good a time as any! You'll be feeling less stuffy and cramped indoors when you clear out when you don't need and organize what you do!
5. Clean Deep cleaning and decluttering are two very different things. Again, while you're stuck at home anyway, you may as well get cleaned up! Now is the best possible time to scrub all your surfaces and doorknobs, disinfect germy areas, clean out and wipe down your cupboards, the list goes on and on. There's no better way to make your home feel clean and fresh.
6. Remodel Extra time + the motivation to rehab a space (or two or three) into your home = the finished home of your dreams. The smaller scaled version of this would be to add a fresh coat of paint, move your furniture around, or switch accessories from one spot to another.
7. Invest in relationships Just because you can not gather with groups of people, does not mean you have to be antisocial. People need relationships! If you live with your loved ones or friends, take the time to really talk to with one another. And for those family members and friends that don't live with you, do the same thing with them, just virtually! Invest in taking the time to FaceTime and reconnect with your favorite people!
Having more time provides a perfect opportunity to try something you've always wanted to learn. Learn how to play guitar via YouTube videos. Cook nice meals. Try a new hobby. Learn a new skill. The world within your home and via the internet is your oyster - make the most of it!